Enough babbling, time for yarn porn!
I extended the bottom ribbing and added several rows of colour to the bottom, yoke, and sleeves. I also added length in the torso to make it a bit longer for my slightly odd shaped body. As the yarn was quite chunky and warm, I decided to make short sleeves instead of long ones, figuring I'd get more wear out of it that way.
I also eliminated the short row shaping at the neck and did only 1.5 inches of ribbing to finish, because I liked the wider neckline.
I haven't put eyes on my owls, as the buttons I had selected looked rather alarming. I'm going a-button hunting tomorrow, but if none appear I'm quite satisfied with the no-button look. It is rather odd to sport blind owls though, I must admit.
The yarn, Sirdar Click Chunky, was quite easy to knit with and is fairly soft for an acrylic blend. I am looking forward to having such an easy care handknit sweater, to be honest. It isn't a Cadillac of yarn, that's for certain, but it knit up quite well and on gauge for me.